David and I were able to go to Little Rock for Thanksgiving. We met a great family here in Columbus, Erik and Jalyssa and kids, but Erik finished his pilot training and they moved to Little Rock for the next step. We had been talking about getting together since we are only 5 hours apart and with both of the guys having time off, Thanksgiving weekend worked out perfect. We had a great dinner Thursday afternoon and yummy pie later on. The next day, Jalyssa and I went shopping. Neither one of us wanted anything that bad to get up at 4am so we left around 9:30-9:45. It was great! Jalyssa was able to find some fun things for the kids and I got the movie Up for $10. It was a success. While we went shopping, the guys took the kids on a trolley ride downtown. We met up with the guys and the kids, made dinner and relaxed. I have to say that I am very jealous at the moment of where they live. Little Rock Air Force Base is huge compared to Columbus. They have a normal sized grocery store, 2 BX's, batting cages, skate park, and great stores that are 15 minutes away instead of an hour. Anyway, the next day we went site seeing. We went back downtown and went to a free museum. I can't remember what it was called. But here we are in front of it!


It had a ton of stuff about Arkansa's history. It had information about Bill Clinton and his family (they are from there) and the funniest part was they had old dresses of Hillary and Chelsea Clinton. It was awesome!
We found the kids room at the museum and the kids had fun playing with the trains.
I think David had more fun playing than the kids did. He really got in to it. This is why David still gets toys for Christmas!


We went and played at the park.

Then we set off to a place called Old Mill. It is the perfect picture place. It has so many background opportunities.

This is my favorite! It is his personal Blue Steel!
2 comments:
We were glad to spend Thanksgiving with you guys also. You guys are the next best thing to family. We had so much fun and look forward to doing it again. I find Davids pose so funny still till this day. You two are just amazing and I am so glad we can be friends.
What a fun Thanksgiving! We sure missed you though!
Post a Comment