The past few weeks have been very busy but so much fun. A few weekends ago I went with the Young Women to Youth Conference. We went to Troy University in Troy, Alabama. There were 5 stakes that attended and 546 youth! They had great workshops throughout the day, dances at night, and a whole lot of fun in between. One of the mornings we did a carnival for the kids in the area. Our ward did bowling. Here are my girls: Brianna, Monica, Stephanie, and Sarah. Jackie couldn't come which I was quite bummed about.

All of the carnival games going on . . .

and face painting!

At the last dance the youth get lined up; boys on one side, girls on the other. They sing As Sisters of Zion and Army of Heleman. It is amazing to see and a perfect ending to the night.

A week later we went to Girls Camp at Hulaco Youth and Family Camp in Baileyton, Alabama. Besides the insane heat and humidity it was a lot of fun. The camp had cabins, 4 different pavillions, bathrooms, showers, a full kitchen, ropes course, and a lake with canoes and pedal boats. It was great!

The first night all of the wards made dutch oven dinners. Here are my girls!

Here is the ropes course! This was a lot of fun. When you get to the end of the course there is a zip line to get you to the bottom. We only had one minor accident the whole week but nothing was broken just a little bruise.

The theme for camp this year was Experiment Upon the Word. There were different experiments that the girls could do all week. One of the experiments that they got to do was walk on water. The leaders got to mix together 50 boxes of cornstarch with water and 2 bottles of blue food coloring. It was fun to mix together and quite therapeutic. Here we are playing and the aftermath with our blue stained hands.


I have loved the last few weeks here. I am glad that I got to spend some great quality time with the Young Women before we leave. I hope they can come see me in Utah when they visit their families.
3 comments:
You look awsome Julie. It looks like you have had tons of fun. I wish you tons of luck with moving. Hope to see you soon.
Wow that looks like so much fun! Way better than our girls camp. Can't wait to see you!
It looks like it was a blast! Too bad I wasn't able to be with you guys!
Post a Comment