Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rodeo fun!

We went to the rodeo in West Point, MS at Eagle Ranch. It was the first rodeo that I had ever been to and I had a lot of fun. These are our friends Bryan and Brittany, they live across the street and Bryan is in David's class. Brittany is from Houston, Texas and she said that I need to see a real rodeo in Texas. The one we went to is like one that her high school would put on. So if I can, I am going to go to Texas with her in March and see a real rodeo. She use to do the barrel racing! There were more people with us but they were all single guys that I didn't know very well so I didn't dare go over and start taking pics of them.
Here are a few pictures from the night. We tried to get them in action but the pictures were just a big blur. I believe these were taken while they were getting ready for the steer wrestling and roping.

They did have things for little kids. There was a chicken scramble, a calf scramble, and greased pig catchin! It was fun to watch the kids run around trying to catch the animals. The pigs were squealing, I felt bad for them. These are all the kids getting ready for the chicken scramble.
They had some interesting events at the rodeo. There was one called Steer Dressing. Brittany had no clue what that was so we waited in suspense. It is the oddest event ever. There are 2 people to a team and they have to catch the steer and then get a pair of underpants on them! After it happened we were all a bit shocked and confused. Apparently they don't do that in other rodeos, just here in great Mississippi. The two events that I liked the most were the steer wrestling and the bull riding. The video we have of the bull riding is okay. I missed the one before and it was a good one. They guy didn't stay on for his 8 seconds. In this one the bull kind of gave up but it was still fun. Enjoy the videos.

3 comments:

Charity said...

Love it and we miss your cute face!

Christa said...

I'm pretty sure I would have found the Steer Dressing highly entertaining.

Erin said...

Dude! Take a picture of the single guys! Come on!!!