Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fire Prevention Week

This week at the beautiful Columbus AFB is Fire Prevention Week. On Saturday they kicked it off with an open house, free food, and other demonstrations. We went because I wanted to see them light the plane on fire!
Here is the plane before hand:
Here it is on fire!
The fire trucks come to the rescue! There were two of them and I thought one was going to fall over. They drive very fast and when he turned the corner I thought he was done for. The fire truck in the picture is a little different. The steering wheel is right in the middle of the cab.
They did another demonstration where the fire fighters get out of the trucks and go in to see if they can get anyone out of the plane. They got a little too close becuase the guy in the back brought his hand up to his visor and his glove stuck to it. That is a little too hot for me!
Then David insist that I get my picture taken with the fire fighters, thanks babe! It was an awkward picture, can you tell? I made Molly come with me. Her brother is the one on the far right. I told them they look like Ghostbusters! But, thank you to all the fire fighters out there. That is a hard and intense job that they risk their lives for others.
Then Molly and I found a lost pilot and thought we could help him out!
It was a fun afternoon and a much needed day to spend with my hubby. This week is early week for them and I love early week. It means I get to eat dinner with David and have more time with him! I am grateful for that since I am leaving in two days for two weeks! Utah here I come :)

3 comments:

Charity said...

Your coming for 2 weeks! Awesome!!

Erin said...

were the fire fighters hot and single?

Christensen family said...

Looks like so much fun. i wish i could have gone. it's the same here fire prevention week. Dude is excited to meet the fire dog.